Sunday, October 30, 2011

Living Things

My sweet and darling boy asked me so many questions on the ride home from his grandparents house tonight with me.

"Is that guy cutting you off?" Mommy; He almost did but we are safe. I need to be more careful what I say.

"Trees are living things, but stop signs aren't." Mommy; Yes, trees are living things but stop signs are not. I had told him that a few months ago. Amazing the things he remembers.
I also told him tonight, that the Moon is the reflection of the Sun. I explained to him that the Sun is behind the Moon and giving the light to the moon and asked him if he knew that. His response? "Yes."

"Are lights living things?" He was inquiring about the street lights on the road that lit our way home.
I replied; No lights are not living things. But, they were made by people a long time ago to help us see in the dark. So we can drive home.
And now we can turn on the lights in dark rooms to help us see, isn't that helpful? "Yes."

"Are houses living things?" No houses are not living things, but they are made by people.
"People are living things!" Yes. And people live in houses, like Mommy and Daddy and who else lives with us in our house?
"Me! Christopher lives in a house with Mommy and Daddy!" Yes,we all live in a house together.

Grandpa Joe and Grandma Cheryl gave him a stuffed Toy Monkey since he asked for one from Disneyworld. They went there this past week. His monkey resembles a backpack but it's feet and arms velcroe around Christoper's arms with the Monkey in the front or the back of him.

Grandpa Joe; "What is your Monkey's name?!" Christopher; "Kudo!"
Grandpa Joe; "What does a Monkey say?" Christopher; "Oooh Ooooh Ahhhh Ahhhh"
Grandpa Joe; "Looks like your ballon has just about had it." He got a balloon from their house that was getting old and losing air.
Mommy; It's losing helium.
Christopher; "Oooooh!:( Did it run out of gas?" I had to chuckle inside.
"That's what my car says, Did you run out of gas?"
Grandpa and Mommy (at different times, because Mommy laughed first) ; Yes it ran out of gas.
He knows what gas is because Daddy and I explained that it is special food for the car but only for the car so that it has energy to go. It's like our bodies, because when we need energy we put food in our bodies to help us have energy to play. He likes and understands that analogy.

"I'm Superman for Halloween tomorrow!"
"Robin Hood Robin Hood Robin Hood!" He's making up a song.
Mommy; What is Daddy for Halloween?
Christopher; "Robin Hood!"
Mommy; "What is Mommy going to be for Halloween tomorrow?"
Christopher; "A Princess!" I am Maid Marian, or a Medieval Princess.
Mommy; "Yes!" "What is Grandma Cheryl going to be for Halloween?"
Christopher; "A witch!"
Mommy; What is Grandpa Joe going to be for Halloween?
Christopher; *blank stare* "uhhhh."
Mommy; "Is Grandpa Joe going to be a Businessman? Or a nerd with glasses?"
Christopher; "Yes!"

I thought I'd share these gems before I forgot his priceless words!
Have a great rest of your Sunday Night! And Happy Halloween tomorrow!

Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment