Thursday, September 8, 2011

Recent Christopher Stories (a lot happened on Sept. 8, this year!)

Sept. 8, 2011; quotes; "That's not food that's Grape Juice, you have to eat it not drink it!" This made me laugh. He was pretending to give me Grape juice in his play kitchen bowl. Earlier today he said, "I got the moon!" It was hilarious!

Sept 8- I had a very off morning today. I was so tired and woke up too early so I was slow getting things done and my son didn't want to eat, get dressed or get ready to go. So, I decided to let him pick out his clothes! He came and brought me his Mater and Finn McMissile shirt and Khaki pants! A good combination actually! I put them on him and we were running late to class, I was sad that I had dropped something I needed and couldn't reach it. He said, "Mommy are you okay?" I said, "Yes, I'm just having a hard day". So he replies;" I'm sorry Mommy, What will make you feel better?" At this point my heart melted and I said, "Oh thank you for being so sweet to me honey!"- This was my favorite occurence of the day. He's so heartfelt and genuine.

Sept. 8- My husband took our son to the Utah State Fair today while I was in class. He was by a Barn apparently and while I was talking to him on the phone he said, "Mom do you see the Barn right there?" He repeated that 3 times. I told him I can't see the Barn Christopher because Mommy's not with you. He repeats it and then tells me about seeing all the animals; pigs, goats, ponies, bunny rabbits and that he got to pet the goats. I think it's so wonderful and cute how he thinks I can magically see something that I am not with him to see! I love him!

Sept. 8- On the way to school today we listened to the new; Moves Like Jagger song, that has Adam Levine and Christina Aguilera in it. He said, "Mommy I want the Moves song!" I replied, "I'm sorry I don't have control over what plays on the radio honey." His rebuttle was a sad, "Oooooh".

Sept 8- My son saw my Self Portrait I made in Creativity and Cognition class it looks nothing like me, I have never been a visual artist, I’m a vocal musician and a floutist. I told him isn’t it wonderful?
(speaking about my construction paper, scissors and glue-made self portrait). I asked him that  2 days ago when I made it and took it home. Then this morning he said to me, “Mom look it’s a picture of you, that’s wonderful!” I thought it was the cutest thing I’d ever heard.

Sept. 8- My son just had a huge fit for about an hour because he was protesting a bath and getting ready for bed.  He just came downstairs and said, “I’m sorry Mom!” and gave me kisses and hugs! I love my son, that brightened my night so much! Whenever I am going to be able to have children again, I will be so thankful and praise God for my children! Though at times my son drives me crazy, as most 3 year old’s do! He is so smart and amazing. He is tender and loving at times too, and I am so blessed for having him in my life and that he was given to me to raise. Such a wonderful gift! I love him so much!

Sept 7, 2011; "Mom, stop arguing with me!" I had to think about this for a minute because my initial reaction was to tell him I'm not arguing with you, which would actually be arguing! So, I just said, "Okay." And that was that. It just made me giggle.

Sept. 6, 2011- "Look Mom it's Triceratops Dinosaur Bones!" He was looking at a book at his Grandma's house with pictures of Dinosaurs in it. The one he identified was indeed a Triceratops Fossil! I said, " Yes dear, did you know that old bones of living things are called fossils?" He just was eating this stuff up, he loved it so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment