Sunday, July 15, 2012

Mommy you're not pretty yet!

Tonight Christopher told me,
"Mommy, you need to put this lipstick and bracelet on so you can be pretty!"

Mommy:" But, I'm already Pretty!"

Christopher: "No Mommy- not yet, you have to put this bracelet on and this lipstick on, so you can be pretty."

And I cringed and laughed at the same time.

Christopher was pretending to be a play talk show host. He came up and asked me, "What do you do?"
I said, "I'm a Mom and a wife and I have a little boy who's 3 who has a big imagination.
I like to write on the computer like I'm doing right now.
What do you do Christopher?"

Christopher: "I do what you do!"
We kept asking one another the same questions; What do you do Mommy and what do you do Christopher?
He kept saying, "I do what you do!"
And I replied, "You do what I do?" It was pretty much the coolest talk show game ever.

This afternoon our son was being so stubborn that he had a fit that lasted about an hour.
Why? Because he did not want to let us get him dressed, or help him get ready for church.
He wanted to just run around free as a bird apparently, poor boy was so upset and his face
turned red from throwing such a tantrum.
We were about an hour and half late to church.

Although, my friend Allie has a little boy his same age that wanted to wear his Batman Halloween Costume to church today and he was throwing a fit this morning too. Got to love 3 year old boys.

I have also noticed that as the weather has gotten cooler and more rainy and overcast; this sometimes has an affect on children's moods. They become more easily irritated and sad or lethargic in some cases.

I watched "The Magic School Bus" for a little bit with my son today. We checked it out at the library earlier this week.
It's such a throw-back to my childhood. I love it! We learned about the Water Cycle today.
We started to watch one about floating and sinking and how to make objects that float start to sink.
But, it had too many references to an imaginary Seamonster that startled my son, so we did not watch more than 5 minutes of this episode; because it scared him. I explained to him it was an imaginary story that someone made up and Sea Monsters are not real. He was still frightened. I consoled him and we had dinner.

Have a great Sunday.

Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment